Watch live: ‘Daybreak’
Watch live: ‘Good Day Colorado’

3 taken to hospital after house fire in Commerce City

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. — Three people were taken to a hospital after a fire broke out in a home on Wednesday night,  South Adams County Fire District said.

One person became trapped and needed to be rescued from the fire that broke out just after 8:30 p.m. in the 15700 block of East 96th Place, officials said.

Three people were taken to a hospital. The extent of their injuries was not known.

The fire was contained to the basement, but the family was displaced from the damage.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire and investigators were beginning to find out what happened.