ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. — An elementary school in Adams County was self-evacuated Monday because of a possible propane leak, according to officials.
The first report of the possible leak came in just after 1 p.m. at McElwain Elementary School (1020 Dawson Drive).
Initial reports said Adams County Fire was on the scene working to ensure the safety of the school.
Within the hour, officials determined the building was safe for staff and children.
Several adults required medical attention and were treated on the scene for headaches.