LAS VEGAS — Authorities are now saying the Utah teenager reported kidnapped in Las Vegas might not have been abducted at all, according to DailyMail.com.
Sarah Dunsey, 17, disappeared Jan. 15 while at the MGM in Las Vegas.
Last week, Dunsey’s mother offered up a heart-wrenching plea to the world to help find her daughter.
In a video posted to YouTube, the family claimed Sarah was a victim of sex trafficking and she was being held against her will.
DailyMail.com is reporting Las Vegas authorities said Dunsey “was not kidnapped.”
The online newspaper also said the Las Vegas Police Department told it there’s “no evidence any sex trafficking crime occurred.”
The Logan Police Department said Dunsey was not kidnapped in Logan, Utah, and the teen went to Las Vegas voluntarily.
Logan officers say they cannot confirm what happened to Dunsey after she arrived in Nevada.
Las Vegas police said the FBI has since taken the lead on the investigation and could not confirm any information about the alleged kidnapping.
The FBI has not responded to any requests for information on the case.