DENVER — You can visit national parks for free on Presidents Day.
The holiday is designated as one of the National Parks Service’s free entrance days.
Parks that normally charge entrance fees will waive the cost.
Parks in Colorado that will be free include:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Colorado National Monument
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
Colorado State Parks will be open Presidents Day, but will charge normal entrance fees.