DENVER -- A man who fell down a chimney was rescued after being stuck for more than two hours Thursday, the Denver Fire Department said.
Several firefighters were on the roof of the building at 1742 Champa St. at 3 p.m. Other firefighters worked to free the man.
Crews freed the man a little after 4 p.m. He was conscious and breathing when he was rescued.
There were three people on the roof when one of them fell into the chimney. A man and woman tried to run away but were arrested.
The intersection at Champa and 18th streets was closed as more than two dozen firefighters worked to free the man.
The man fell about 30 to 35 feet and firefighters cut a hole in a vacant apartment to gain access to the man. He was then pulled out through the top of the chimney.
The man has not been identified. It's unknown if he and the other two on the roof will face charges.