Greeley man gets 248 years in prison for pimping, human trafficking
GREELEY, Colo. — A Greeley man convicted of pimping several underage girls in Weld County was sentenced today to 248 years to life in prison.
A jury convicted Paul Burman on 32 counts and the judge gave him the maximum possible sentence.
“To our knowledge, this is the largest human trafficking sentence in Colorado history,” stated Tyler Hill, Community Relations Director for the Weld County District Attorney’s Office.
Prosecutors say Burman pimped several victims, including adults and teens. One of his victims was 15 years old.
“He forced me to do things that are unbelievable. He raped me and made me feel worthless as a human being,” said one of the victims at Wednesday’s sentencing. “He has the inability to change and will always be a repeat offender.”
According to court testimony, Burman provided the victims with drugs and alcohol, gave them small amounts of money and booked hotel rooms for the victims to engage in sexual acts with men, sometimes on several occasions in one night.
“All of the money the victims were paid went to the defendant,” prosecutors stated.
Witnesses testified during the trial that Burman used threats and violence to force the victims into prostitution. In one instance, Burman beat and sexually assaulted one of the girls for not making enough money and talking back to him.
- Burman was convicted of the following felony charges:
- Human Trafficking for Sexual Servitude
- Pandering of a Child – Inducing Prostitution
- Inducement of Child Prostitution x 2
- Pandering of a Child – Arranging Prostitution x 3
- Patronizing a Child x 2
- Pimping x 3
- Pimping of a Child x 2
- Procurement of a Child x 2
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child – Explicit Sexual Conduct for Sexually Exploitative Material
- Soliciting for Child Prostitution – Arranging Prostitution x 3
- Bribing a Witness or Victim
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor x 3
- Criminal Attempt to Commit Human Trafficking for Sexual Servitude
- Criminal Attempt to Commit Pimping
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Assault
- Tampering with a Witness or Victim
- Pandering – Inducing Prostitution
- Criminal Attempt to Commit Pandering – Inducing Prostitution
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child – Possession of Control