Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Sliders
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestire sauce
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil for cooking burgers
- Wild Arugula. tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, etc. for preferred garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam. Place sliced sweet potatoes evenly on the baking sheet and cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey with all of dry ingredients. Once fully incorporated, mix in all of the wet ingredients.
- Shape turkey burger patties into small sliders. You want them to be able to fit nicely on the sweet potato "buns." Heat olive on in a large sauce pan, and cook turkey burger on the stove, or on a grill if you prefer to get nice grill marks.
- Once burgers are fully cooked, layer your burgers with garnish you prefer and enjoy!