DENVER — Salvation Army staff and volunteers begin registration for holiday assistance for the 2016 Christmas season on Monday, Nov. 7.
The Salvation Army helps provide toys for children and gift cards to grocery stores.
“More than 24,000 toys and over 4,500 food boxes were distributed last Christmas season in the Denver metro area alone,” according to the Salvation Army.
Families needing assistance can register at six locations in the Denver metro area. Call 303.295.3366 or visit imsalvationarmy.org to find the nearest location.
Registration is open during the following hours:
- Monday, Nov. 7 from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 8 from 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 12 – 9-11:30 a.m.
Anyone applying for assistance needs to bring the following items:
- Picture ID
- 30-day current proof of address like a utility bill or lease
- Birth certificate or school records for all children in the household
Those in need of assistance, but don’t have the required documents are welcome to attend the Thanksgiving Meal on Nov. 24 and Christmas Eve Meal on Dec. 24 at the Colorado Convention Center from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you would like to donate to the Salvation Army, please click here.