DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. -- Two people, including a firefighter, were hurt after a brush fire was sparked in Douglas County on Thursday afternoon, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
The fire burned about 30 acres in the area of the 6200 block of North Crowfoot Valley Road. It did threaten some homes for a short time and nearly 50 residents were advised to evacuate.
A crew working on a driveway gate accidentally sparked the fire.
One person was taken to a hospital for minor smoke inhalation and a firefighter was treated at the scene.
Kristin Eckmann with South Metro Fire Rescue Authority said the fire no longer threatened homes late Thursday afternoon.
The fire, which started burning about 3 p.m., was fully contained in less than two hours.
The fire was ruled an accident.