Chef Chris DeJohn from Centerplate shows us how to make Southwest Chicken Sausage.
1 each chicken, New Mexico, 5/1 sausage
1 each Dog, 10" Bun
2 Oz. peppers and onions
1 each 3# orange boat
1 each Liner, Brown paper
.1 each invesco condiments
1. Sausage should be cooked in a steamer or in boiling water for 10 - 15 minutes (thawed), on a flat top grill, charbroil grill, an oven or roller grill on the medium high setting so the Sausage do not burn.
- 2. Sausage must be heated to an internal temperature of
165ºF for 15 seconds.
- 3. Sausage can be cooked and then placed on the roller grill when business
- 4. Always, keep Sausages on the roller grill for display when applicable.
- 5. Rotate older Sausages to the serving area of the grill as you add Sausages on the grill to cook
- 6. Using tongs and gloved hands, place a Sausage bun and then place into white 2# boat.
Food Safety:8. Cook Sausages to and internal temperature of 165º F for 15 seconds.
- 9. Sausages must be held hot at an internal temperature of 135º F or
above and for no more than 4 hours.
If internal temperature falls below 135º F
during this period the Sausage must be reheated to an internal temperature of
165º F for 15 seconds and then held at 135º F or above.