Noodles and Company are celebrating National Noodle Day today. Each guest can receive one, small, complimentary bowl of Wisconsin Mac & Cheese with the purchase of any regular entrée.
Noodles & Company’s Bangkok Curry
Chock-full of vegetables, Noodles & Company’s Bangkok Curry is a guest favorite. Just two-and-a-half cups of the dish equates to a whopping four servings of vegetables. For a noodle-less version and twice the vegetables, swap rice noodles for organic tofu. This dish serves 6 – 8.
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup carrots (julienne cut)
- ½ cup scallions (cut on the bias)
- ½ cup red peppers (julienne cut)
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 T fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 1 T Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 can “Lite” coconut milk (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 T sweet soy sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
- ½ cup sweet Chile sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 t black sesame seeds (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 lb rice noodles (from your favorite Asian market)
- Soak noodles in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and cool in ice water. Drain, let rest & toss with oil.
- Blanch broccoli & carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
- Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sautéed mushrooms until lightly golden.
- Add coconut milk and Thai curry paste.
- Add carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, sweet Chile sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order.
- Toss once or twice to coat all ingredients well with sauce.
- Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.