Lifestyle expert Marla Meridith shows us some health snack alternatives for after school.
- Swap college student’s favorite meal, ramen noodles with Explore Cuisine’s Instant Soybean Noodle Soups that are gluten-free, vegan (even their vegetarian chicken and beef flavors), and comes with a separate seasoning and sodium packet to control the sodium level. Each cup comes with a spoon to eat on the go or after, after-school activities. MSRP: $2.49
- Swap unhealthy sodas with Sparkling Ice’s 8 oz. Slim Cans. These are great soda alternatives as its sugar-free, zero-calories and naturally fruit-flavored sparkling beverages. Even the pickiest kids won’t notice the difference! MSRP: $1.19-$1.29 at major retailers nationwide
- Swap chips with Gaea’s Olive Snack Packs which are low in calories, 100% natural and contains low salinity but still satisfies your salt fix that you crave from potato chips MSRP: $2.49 at major retailers nationwide
- Swap candy with Welch’s® Fruit Snacks, a smart after school snack packaged in easy on-the-go pouches. Made with real fruit, contains 100% of the DV of Vitamin C and contains no preservatives. For Back to School Season, Welch’s Fruit Snacks has partnered with Feeding America to provide 1 million meals to children in need. From now through October, buy any Welch’s Fruit Snacks, SNAP a photo of the packaging and send your photo, and Welch’s Fruit Snacks will donate $1 to Feeding America Learn more at FilltheLunchbox.com MSRP: 10ct Box with 0.9oz. Pouches / $2.99 at major retailers nationwide
- Swap Cookies with Viki’s Granola Snack Packs also available in smaller, on-the-go bags perfect for kids to keep in their backpacks for after school sports or on the bus ride home. MSRP: $5.49/12 oz bag; $11.99/ (10) 1.5 oz bags at major retailers nationwide
- Carrington Farms Snack Paks are healthy choices to eat with yogurt and milk instead of cookies or packed in portable and convenient single-serve packets, providing an abundant source of Omega-3s, protein and fiber. Pair with yogurts, parfaits, smoothies, oatmeal and more. SRP: $6.99-8.99 at major retailers nationwide
- Gummy Bear Essentials® delivers the most complete gummy multivitamins and mineral nutrition developed especially to nourish the growing minds and bodies of today's active kids. Single-serve packets preserve freshness and purity and are perfect for nutrition on the go and your kids won’t notice the difference from their usual snack packs. 100% natural, containing no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives or additives. MSRP: $18.49/30-ct box