Chef Natalie Schwab, the culinary demonstrator for Johnson & Wales University, shows us how to make Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches.
Fresh ingredients are provided by King Soopers.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s® Red Hot)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Yogurt bleu cheese recipe (below)
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 leave butter lettuce
- 4 rolls
- Combine hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hot sauce mixture; pour remaining hot sauce mixture in a zip-top plastic bag.
- Add chicken breast halves to bag; seal. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Spray grill with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill chicken until done.
- Brush reserved marinade over chicken.
- Build sandwiches, serve and enjoy*!
*As a healthier alternative, this sandwich can also be turned into a salad.
Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ Cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk, or low fat milk
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk (or milk), and Worcestershire.
- Fold the blue cheese crumbles into the yogurt mixture, and season with salt & pepper to tastes.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a small amount of buttermilk, or milk until desired consistency is reached, for a sandwich, thicker is better, however for a salad I prefer to thin it out a bit more.