Fire at Denver grow house sends 2 to hospital

DENVER — A fire at home that officials said was a marijuana grow house sent two people to the hospital on Monday, the Denver Fire Department said.

The fire at 4501 E. Warren Ave. was knocked down quickly by firefighters.

Officials said one victim suffered more serious injuries and needed help getting out of the home, while the other was able to walk out.

The fact the home was a grow house was not related to the cause, according to a fire official.

However, the home was also described as a “hoarder house” and items inside made fighting the fire more difficult, a fire official said.