REI is hosting its most popular classes for the free weekend of adventures, including:
- Learn to Climb at Denver REI – Learn the basics of rock climbing on indoor climbing wall at REI, including basic gear and how to put on a climbing harness.
- Sunset Hike at Green Mountain West Ridge Trail – A guided sunset hike with incredible front-range views.
- Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) at Chatfield State Park– Learn basics of SUP, including stance, paddling strokes and balance. Water instruction and all equipment provided.
- Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing at Gregory Canyon – Learn basic climbing skills, technique, and how to use specialized equipment.
- National Free Weekend Celebration at Bear Lake Trailhead – A free celebration of the National Free Weekend at Matthew Winters Park to learn new skills, make new friends and get outside.
WHEN/WHERE: July 30-31, 2016 across the Denver-metro region—interview opportunities with local employees and trainers available in days leading up to event