Chef Natalie Schwab, the culinary demonstrator for Johnson & Wales University, shows us how to make Beer & Honey Chicken Kabobs.
Fresh ingredients are provided by King Soopers.
Beer & Honey Chicken Kabobs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup beer
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- cilantro for garnish
- Cut chicken in 1½ inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl whisk all the ingredients together. Add chicken, there should be enough marinade to cover the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours to 24 hours.
- If you are using wooden skewers it is best to soak them in water overnight, this will keep them from catching on fire.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat
- Thread chicken on skewers, about 5 pieces per skewer. Be careful not to crowd the meat too closely together. Keep the leftover marinade and set aside.
- Place chicken skewers on grill and turn every couple minutes, before turning brush some of the leftover marinade over the chicken. Grill until chicken is cooked through, internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.