DENVER — Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser featured chimichurri butterflied whole chicken, baked ricotta and Argentine burnt carrots on this week’s Fraser’s Favorites.
The recipes appear below.
Pineapple BBQ Bacon Habanero Burgers
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 slices Habanero Cheese
- 4 slices of canned pineapple
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of back, cooked crisp
- Shredded lettuce
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Shape ground beef into 4 ½ inch thick patties. Season with salt and pepper, and place on grill for about 5-6 min per side. While cooking baste with your BBQ sauce. Top with Cheese and allow it to melt.
- Place the pineapple eon the grill and grill on both sides, 1-2 minutes per side.
- To assemble, place the burgers onto the buns, and top with pineapple, bacon and lettuce. Serve with some additional BBQ sauce if desired.
Melon and Crispy Prosciutto Salad
- 1 (4-oz.) package prosciutto
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 10 cup loosely packed baby greens (such as arugula)
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 (4-oz.) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Arrange half of prosciutto on a paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate; cover with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until crisp. Repeat procedure with remaining prosciutto. Break prosciutto into large pieces.
- Whisk together mint and next 5 ingredients.
- Toss greens and chopped melon with vinaigrette, and top with cooked prosciutto, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped pistachios.
Honey-Lime Strawberries with Whipped Cream
- 2 lbs. strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup plus 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. lime zest
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pints lemon sorbet
- Place the strawberries in a large heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, combine ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of honey with the lime juice and bring to a boil. Stir in the lime zest and cardamom.
- Pour the syrup over the sliced strawberries and stir to coat.
- Let stand stirring once or twice until barriers are juicy and slightly softened.
- In another bowl whip the cream and remaining honey until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the lemon sorbet into bowls and top with the strawberries ad their juices.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- Portlandia Pinot Noir - Mild amounts of bright cherry & red raspberry dominate the palate. Slight earthy flavors round out this perfect summer red wine.
- Ninkasi Oatis Oatmeal Stout - A complex stout with rich, roasted malts, yet the addition of oatmeal lends a creamy drinkability.