Guide will help you navigate roads, highway impacted by USA Pro Challenge bike race
DENVER — The Colorado Department of Transportation activated its highway travel information for the week of the USA Pro Challenge pro bike race.
The elite bicycle race takes place Monday, August 17 to Sunday, August 23. It is the largest spectator event in Colorado and it will close numerous state and local roads throughout the week.
CDOT has a website up and running that will help keep you on top of the impacts of the USA Pro Challenge. It includes information regarding specific race routes, maps, highway closing and opening times, expected delays and potential restrictions.
You can get daily road closure information by calling 511 from anywhere in the state.
Here are the specific race locations:
- August 17: Steamboat Springs Circuit Race
- August/18: Steamboat Springs to Arapahoe Basin
- August/19: Copper Mountain to Aspen
- August/20: Aspen to Breckenridge
- August/21: Breckenridge Individual Time Trial
- August/22: Loveland to Fort Collins
- August/23: Golden to Denver
Summary of corresponding STATE road impacts from CDOT:
- August 17/Stage 1/Steamboat Springs Circuit: U.S. 40/State Highway (SH) 131. 11:40 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- August 18/Stage 2/Steamboat Springs to Arapahoe Basin: U.S. 40/SH 9/U.S. 6. 10:55 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- August 19/Stage 3/Copper Mountain to Aspen: SH 91/U.S. 24/SH 82. 11:15 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- August 20/Stage 4/Aspen to Breckenridge: SH 82/U.S. 24/U.S. 285/SH 9. 10:20 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- August 21/Stage 5/Breckenridge Individual Time Trial: SH 9. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE: Stages 5 and 6 include a Women’s Pro Challenge Route that will use all or most of the same route as the men’s race. The Women’s Stage 7 is a circuit through the downtown Golden area.
- August 22/Stage 6/Loveland to Fort Collins: U.S 34 (short segment west of Loveland). 11:35 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- August 23/Stage 7/Golden to Denver: SH 93/U.S. 40/SH 391/SH 121/SH 95/U.S. 40-287. 1:10 p.m. to 4 p.m.