Man rescued from air duct of Fort Collins restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A man was rescued from an air duct in Pueblo Viejo on May 16, 2015. (Photo: Larry Bases)

FORT COLLINS, Colo. — A man was rescued after falling through the roof of a Fort Collins restaurant and getting stuck in the air duct of a Fort Collins restaurant early Saturday morning.

It happened around 1:40 a.m. at Pueblo Viejo at 185 S. College Ave., according to authorities.

22-year-old Andrew Neely was walking around on the roof of the restaurant when he fell and got stuck inside the chimney, according to authorities. He called 911 and Poudre Fire Authority was dispatched to rescue him.

Firefighters and police located Neely and forced the restaurant front door open.

Firefighters reported that he had fallen 20 feet and ended up stuck in a kitchen air duct above the fryer.

Crews dismantled the air duct and lowered him down.

Poudre Fire Authority spokesman Patrick Love said Neely was injured.

“It seems a little odd for someone to do that out of the blue,” said Andrew Center, manager at Moe’s Original Barbeque which is located next door. “It is pretty unusual, but there is a ladder that is accessible on their wall.”

Neely was cited for trespassing.

It’s not clear if he was on drugs or alcohol or why he was on the roof in the first place.