Safeway to close 9 local stores
DENVER — Safeway announced on Saturday, that nine stores in the metro area will be closed on June 13.
The locations have been struggling for some time, according to store officials.
“This was a very difficult decision made after long and careful deliberation. For more than a year we evaluated these stores extensively and looked at options to improve their performance. Ultimately, our business analysis indicated that we needed to cease operations at these locations,” Safeway spokeswoman Kristine J. Staaf said.
The spokeswoman also said Safeway will make an effort to move affected employees to other Safeway locations.
Below is a complete list of the stores that will be closed.
- 560 Castle Pines Parkway, Castle Rock, CO
- 3904 East 120th Ave, Thornton, CO
- 12900 Zuni, Westminster, CO
- 16921 E. Quincy Ave, Aurora, CO
- 22675 East Aurora Parkway, Aurora, CO
- 1955 South Sheridan Blvd., Denver, CO
- 7500 S. Pierce Street, Littleton, CO
- 1730 S. Buckley Road, Aurora, CO
- 8200 S. Quebec, Centennial, CO