Is your tax refund burning a hole in your pocket? Many Americans filed their taxes ahead of the upcoming deadline and may be thinking of all the ways they can spend their newfound windfall. To help you get the most bang for your buck, our local savings expert Kendal Perez with CouponSherpa.com is here to talk about the best deals in April.
Buds for Spring Flowers
- Freshen up your home for the season with up to 25-percent off potted, flowering plants like daffodils, hyacinth and tulips.
- Tulips, for example, cost half to one-third of their off-season price during the month of April, according to BloomNation.
- If you want something more exotic and sophisticated, now is a great time to buy orchids -- you can find them for 15 to up to 50-percent off.
Gear for April Showers
- The rainy season is brief and you can find savings up of to 20-percent off within the first couple weeks of April.
- For example, Eddie Bauer is rolling out great rain gear and Coupon Sherpa currently has a coupon for 30% off your purchase plus free shipping on $99 orders.
- During the last week, look for increased savings of up to 40-percent off.
Post-Easter Treats & Decor
- Easter is this Sunday and pastel candies and decor are bursting from store shelves.
- The best time to buy these items is after April 5, when you can find discounts of 50-percent off or more.
- Stock up on decor, toys and other non-perishable goods for next year’s celebration.
Free Eats for Tax Day
- April 15 is a stressful day for many Americans, so select restaurants offer freebies and deals to soften the blow of Tax Day.
- If previous years are any indication, you can expect free offers from Arby’s, McDonald’s and Krispy Kreme, as well as special deals from Boston Market and Papa Murphy’s.
- Check Coupon Sherpa’s blog for a complete roundup of Tax Day deals and freebies come April 15.
New Kicks for Spring Fitness
- Spring is when casual runners hit the pavement and athletic retailers respond with sales on sneakers.
- For example, Sports Authority up to $50 off select ASICS running shoes (through April 25), as well as 20% off Adidas running apparel starting at $20.
- Save up to $45 on athletic shoes from New Balance, or use the Coupon Sherpa mobile app to score $20 off your $100 purchase from Dick’s Sporting Goods.