Fire that started on back deck heavily damages inside of home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
House fire in Adams County, Colo.

House fire in Adams County, Colo.

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. — A fire that started on the back deck of a home in Adams County spread inside the house and did extensive damage Monday.

North Metro Fire Rescue said no lived in the home in the 5900 block of East 121st Place.

The cause of the fire hasn’t been released.

As the weather warms up, it’s a good reminder to make certain things like hot coals from barbecues or cigarettes aren’t left unattended on wooden decks.