Aurora family displaced after house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AURORA, Colo. -- An family of five living in Aurora lost their home Monday when it caught fire.

The Aurora Fire Department said a water heater started the fire at the home on E. Tennessee Avenue Monday morning.

The damage forced the family, two adults and three children, to evacuate on a day when the metro area would see all-day snow and highs only in the teens.