TODAY: Two Dead in I-25 Rollover, Toxic Toys, ‘Black Stormtrooper’ Response
DENVER — Here are your 10 Things to Know for Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014.
1. Man, girl killed, two others injured in I-25 rollover crash
A man and a girl were killed and two others were injured in a single-vehicle rollover crash that closed both directions of Interstate 25 near Johnstown.
2. Two classrooms damaged in early-morning fire at Aurora elementary school
Two preschool classrooms were damaged in an early-morning fire at an Aurora elementary school. There were no injuries.
3. Big changes coming to Sixth Avenue, I-25 and Federal Boulevard
Big changes are coming to the construction zone at Sixth Avenue and Interstate 25 over the next two months, with access to Federal Boulevard being limited.
4. Man charged with leading high-speed chase pleads not guilty
Ryan Stone, who is accused of leading police on a 75-mile high-speed chase during the morning rush hour in March, pleaded not guilty and will go to trial next year in Douglas County.
5. Yuma High School student killed in accidental shooting
A 16-year-old Yuma High School student died in an accidental shooting off campus.
6. Hash oil extraction blamed for Black Hawk explosion, fire
Officials determined a blaze that destroyed a home in Black Hawk was caused by an accidental explosion during the extraction of marijuana hash oil.
7. Group warns shoppers about potentially dangerous, toxic toys
The Public Interest Research Group is letting holiday shoppers know about risky toys that are on sale just about everywhere. The toys can cause problems for children.
8. U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments in Facebook threats case
Violent threats on social media landed a Pennsylvania man in jail for four years, but he says the comments were “artistic expression.” The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments on whether this type of speech is protected under the First Amendment.
9. Bad headlights force another recall on GM cars, SUVs
For the 79th time this year, General Motors is holding another recall, this time as it pertains to headlights.
10. ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ actor John Boyega responds to ‘Black Stormtrooper’ racism
Actor John Boyega responded to those who are upset he’s playing what appears to be a black Stormtrooper in the latest “Star Wars” film.