Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill
Yield: Two Cakes
Ingredients for the Crust:
*3 cups of candied pecans, chopped fine
*3 cups of graham cracker crumbs
*6 tablespoons of sugar
*1 teaspoon of cinnamon
*8 weight oz. of butter, unsalted, melted
*1 lb. of apple filling mixture
Ingredients for the Filling:
*4 lb. of cream cheese
*2 1/2 cups of sugar
*8 large eggs
*2 fluid oz. Apple Pucker Liquor
*2 fluid oz. Meyers Dark Rum Liquor
*2 cups sour cream topping
*6 weight oz. apple crumble streusel, cooked
1. Follow crust procedure and form into greased spring form pans.
2. Layer cooked apple filling into bottom of crust, (8 oz. per cake).
3. Beat cream cheese in Hobart mixer for 3 minutes until smooth and creamy on speed.
4. On the number 2 speed, add sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Add Meyer’s Rum and Apple Pucker, mix well.
6. Adjust mixer to number 1 speed. Add eggs slowly. Scrape bowl, and then mix one more time until consistent.
7. Pour mixture into crusted pan with two sheets of aluminum foil wrapped around spring form pan. Fill to the top.
8. Place cheesecake inside 4” hotel pan. Place into 325* oven and fill with water so that the cheesecake pan is half covered with warm water.
9. Cook in oven; uncovered for ½ hour. Then cover with sheet tray pan and finish cooking for 1 hour, rotate cake once.
10. Pull from oven and let rest for ½ hour, until cool, then cover.
11. Once cake has cooled for 24 hours, top with sour cream topping and crumbled streusel topping over each cake.
12. Cut into 1/8 slices.