DENVER — Dave Fraser fired up the gill and made some buffalo chicken sandwiches with blue cheese dressing. Check below to see the recipes for the creations he and Natalie Thompson from Johnson and Wales University grilled up.
Grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches
- 3/4 cup hot sauce (such as Franks Red Hot)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bleu cheese recipe (below)
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 leave butter lettuce
- 4 rolls
1. Combine hot sauce, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hot sauce mixture; pour remaining hot sauce mixture in a zip-top plastic bag.
2. Add chicken breast halves to bag; seal. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Spray grill with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill chicken until done.
5. Brush reserved marinade over chicken.
6. Build sandwiches, serve and enjoy!
Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Sour Cream
- dash Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream and worcestershire in a bowl, mixing well.
2. Add in blue cheese.
3. Salt and Pepper to taste.