Thornton house explosion was deliberate, man’s death ruled suicide
THORNTON, Colo. — A house explosion in Thornton in June was deliberate according to the final report from investigators Thursday night.
They say Gary Pine committed suicide June 19 by disconnecting the natural gas line to the furnace. It caused the home on Monroe Drive to fill with natural gas.
It eventually caused an explosion that destroyed the house and sent debris flying for several blocks.
Several other homes in the neighborhood were damaged.