Photos and Video: Avalanches in Colorado this week
DENVER — Heavy snow in recent days in Colorado’s mountains has created a high risk of avalanches in many parts of the high country.
The Colorado Avalanche Information Center recommends people stay out of the back country for now.
Two people were killed in separate avalanches Monday. One skier died south of the Keystone Ski Resort and a snowmobiler was buried near Crested Butte.
The photos above are from the Avalanche Information Center.
The video below was posted by Cody Strong. He was snowmobiling near the old mining town of Tin Cup in Gunnison County when an avalanche hit him. He was OK but considers himself “lucky.”Submit Your Photo
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets