DENVER -- A northeast Denver school was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after an unknown odor was detected inside the school.
Denver Fire responded to Pitt Waller K-8 School at 21601 E. 51st Pl. after receiving reports about an unknown odor inside the school, according to Denver Public School.
Students were held in school buses to stay warm, while Denver Fire investigated, said DPS.
DPS also confirmed some students were being treated at the school after saying they felt sick, but none were taken to the hospital.
FOX31 Denver's Mark Meredith was on scene.
He reported that the Green Valley Ranch school was closed for the day, and students were being relocated to Evie Dennis campus for release.
Denver Fire determined the odor to be non-toxic and not dangerous, but were not exactly sure what was causing the odor.
This story will continue to be updated as more information is received.