TODAY: Light snow, Welker out 2 more games, return to AHS continues
1. ESPN: Wes Welker to miss last 2 Broncos regular season games
Wes Welker will not be playing in the Broncos contest this Sunday against the Houston Texans nor the season finale against the Oakland Raiders on Dec. 29 due to linger concussion side effects, according to a new report.
2. Light snow arrives in Metro Denver
A cold front arrived from the north along the Front Range and it brought light snow to parts of metro Denver Thursday night. Freezing fog and light snow continued to linger around Friday morning, but both were expected to dissipate by the late morning.
3. Students continue to return to Arapahoe High School after shooting
Students returned to Arapahoe High School for the first time Thursday since a student opened fire on classmates last week. Juniors and seniors were allowed back to the school for a few hours to collect belongings left behind as they evacuated on Dec. 13. Freshmen and sophomores were in the process of taking their turn on Friday.
4. Eaton Middle School student arrested for bringing knife to school
A student at Eaton Middle School in Weld County was arrested Thursday after bringing a knife to school and allegedly making threats against at least one person.
5. New children’s hospital sets up shot in Highlands Ranch
The Children’s Hospital Colorado has a new location that is serving families in the Highlands Ranch area. The 180,000 square-foot facility features the only 24-hour pediatric urgent care facility in South Metro Denver.
6. Health inspector: ‘Roach larva’ found in Wheat Ridge restaurant’s food
The restaurant is called Ho Mei, but what a customer allegedly found in his food made us say “Oh, my.” The Wheat Ridge restaurant is one of several that got an “F” on this week’s edition of Restaurant Report Card.
7. Toys for Tots in desperate need of donations in metro Denver
With less than a week to go until Christmas, Denver’s chapter of the nonprofit Toys for Tots program is reporting a sharp drop in donations.
8. Facebook post gets Denver woman $80,000 home renovation
A short Facebook post caught the attention of KBPI radio personality Willie B and led to a quick, surprise, $80,000 home renovation for a 90-year-old woman.
9. Safety awards for 2014 vehicles announced
With the changes of the criteria this year, the number of Top Safety Pick-plus and Top Safety Pick winners fell from a combined 130 in 2013 to just 39 for 2014. The list was announced this week.
10. North Korea threatens to ‘strike South Korea mercilessly’
North Korea sent a fax to South Korea on Thursday, threatening to “strike mercilessly without notice” after protests against the secretive regime this week in Seoul.