FOX31 Denver and Colorado’s Own Channel 2 have an immediate opening for a full-time web editor. This person will write stories for our websites KDVR.com and KWGN.com and help manage our social media accounts.
We are looking for a superb writer and copy editor and a social media expert with extensive video and photo editing experience. This position requires a high volume of news writing and intense multi-tasking. A passion for news, social media and new technology is a must.
Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have a collaborative work style and be innovative.
Experience writing for the web and familiarity with the Denver market preferred.
– Write stories for KDVR.com and KWGN.com.
– Clip newscast segments to be placed on our websites.
– Market stories on Facebook and Twitter.
– Use Facebook and Twitter to find story ideas and follow leads
– Develop innovative ways for covering news events.
– Proficient in the use of a content management system, TV newsroom systems and social media platforms.
– Knowledge of journalistic practices and ethics.
– Knowledge of AP style and some HTML coding.
– Strong communication and leadership skills
– Familiar with Photoshop or other photo editing software
– Must be willing to work nontraditional hours including very early mornings, weekends and potentially holidays.
Send resumes to:
Digital Content Manager
No phone calls please.