Semi carrying beer rolls over on Highway 58 in Golden, again
GOLDEN, Colo. — The eastbound ramp from the Golden Freeway onto Interstate 70 was closed Wednesday afternoon after a tractor trailer truck rolled onto its side — again.
The driver and a passenger were not injured in the crash. The truck was carrying beer, said Wheat Ridge police in a tweet.
The driver, Bernard Marshall, will be cited with careless driving, police said.
“I was going 50 in a 40,” Bernard Marshall said. “I tried breaking but I lost it.”
Police say this is the the eighth accident at that location this year. Trucks coming and going from the Coors factory in Golden use CO 58 to get to Interstate 70.
Police have started a new program aimed at drivers for helping them slow down around the area.
“It’s called navigate 58,” said Wheat Ridge spokesperson John Romero. “It’s something we’ve been working on with Coors and CDOT aimed at warning drivers from taking this curve too fast.”
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets