One forced from home in Thanksgiving morning fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BROOMFIELD, Colo. — A chimney fire left one person without a home early Thanksgiving morning, North Metro Fire Rescue District reported Thursday.

Firefighters responded to a report of a fire in the 1100 block of Sequerra Street in Broomfield about 4 a.m., North Metro said. They found a cloud of smoke surrounding the chimney of one unit in a four-plex.

Four engines, a ladder truck and several other units battled the blaze, knocking it down by 4:33 a.m., North Metro said. No one was badly hurt, but the lone resident of the condo was displaced for safety reasons, firefighters said.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a wood-burning fire place.

AlertMe