QUIZ: Which state matches your personality? Is it Colorado?
With the help of a Cambridge research team, "Time" magazine created this state-by-state mood index. (Photo: Time / CNN)
The United States is just that, united. But one of our greatest rights is also what makes us so different; freedom, we can be who we want to be.
Time has published the research from a team of scientists led by psychologist and American expat Jason Rentfrow of the University of Cambridge in the U.K.
The team set out to draw America’s regional lines more clearly, literally mapping the American mood, with state-by-state ratings of personality and temperament.
Time reported the scientists used information from more than 1 million people to identify three “personality regions” in our country.
So what sort of state is Colorado? With a score of 50 being the national average in every category, here is how Colorado scored in the study’s five measurements — Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, Agreeableness and Neuroticism:
Colorado’s Mood Index
Openness: 57.9 (ranked 10th nationally)
Conscientiousness: 58.8 (ranked 9th nationally)
Extroversion: 45.3 (ranked 36th nationally)
Agreeableness: 47.5 (ranked 33rd nationally)
Neuroticism: 34.3 (ranked 48th nationally)
But a better question is, which state matches your personality?
- PD: Wife was on phone with 911 dispatch when she was murdered
- WATCH: Southwest Airlines flight attendant knows how to get passengers' attention
- WATCH: Time lapse video of blood moon, spectacular moonset over Rockies
- Billions of people are already doing the ‘World’s Toughest Job’
- Missing Nebraska boy found inside claw machine at bowling alley