Adams 12 school bus driver cited for DUI with 41 people aboard
WESTMINSTER, Colo. — A school bus driver with Adams 12 Five Star Schools was arrested Saturday on suspicion of driving drunk with 41 people aboard his bus, the Westminster Police Department reported.
Burton Carpenter, 57, was driving a freshman football team from Prairie View High School in Brighton to Mountain Range High School in Westminster when the arrest occurred. As the bus, containing 37 students and 4 adults, arrived at Mountain Range High about noon Saturday, the bus sideswiped another vehicle, causing minor damage.
Police were called and determined that Carpenter was drunk. He was cited for DUI, child abuse posing a threat of injury, and careless driving.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets