Todd Helton will retire from Rockies after this season
DENVER — Colorado Rockies star first baseman Todd Helton will retire at the end of this season.
He held a press conference with his wife and two daughters at his side Monday. You can watch it in its entirety above.
The Rockies confirmed the announcement on their Twitter page Saturday night.
The Rockies last home game will be Wednesday Sept. 25 against the Boston Red Sox.
Helton recently crossed the 2,500 hits threshold during a game against the Cincinnati Reds.
Helton also leads all active players with 584 career doubles.
This one pushed him past Hall of Famer Robin Yount for 17th in Major League history.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets