Broncos fans upset about Flacco poster, Ravens signage in Denver
DENVER — Denver Broncos fans were seething last year when the Baltimore Ravens ended their Super Bowl chances on a last-second Hail Mary.
As if it wasn’t insulting enough to stare at those same Ravens as they went on to win the Super Bowl, now Broncos fans have to stare at a massive poster of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco on their own home stadium.
The poster is courtesy of the NFL, and it was put up along with a slew of other Ravens insignia around downtown Denver to promote the Broncos’ rematch with the Ravens, which will take place in Denver on Sept. 5.
The game will kick off the entire slate of the NFL’s opening week of games.
Many Broncos fans took to social media to criticize the league’s promotional tactics.
The Broncos addressed their fans concerns on Twitter, as well.
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash