Slideshow: Severe storms bring hail, flooding to Metro area
DENVER – Severe thunderstorms moved from the mountains and foothills and into the Metro area Thursday evening, bringing hail and flooding to parts of the state.
Residents in Castle Rock were pummeled with hail, while sections of the area looked as if they were blanketed with snow.
A Flash Flood Warning was issued for Douglas County until 6:45 p.m., while several Flash Flood Watch advisories were issued for parts of southern Colorado.
Click here to track the storm, and see a full list of watches and warnings in your area.
The storms are expected to last through the late evening, and could have the potential to cause flash flooding near the burn scars in the foothills especially the Waldo Canyon area.
Another round of thunderstorms is expected Friday afternoon.
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'