Firefighters respond to Outlets at Castle Rock after lighting system causes sparks
CASTLE ROCK, Colo. — Crews responded to the Outlets at Castle Rock Saturday night after sparks were reported near the mall’s roof.
Firefighters responded to the outlet mall after 9 p.m. when alarms started going off inside several stores.
Authorities confirmed the sparks were due to a short in a neon lighting system on the roof. Firefighters believe lightning is not considered to be a factor in causing the sparks.
The incident was isolated to the roof, and there was no fire in the building, according to officials with Castle Rock Fire.AlertMe