Firefighters respond to Outlets at Castle Rock after lighting system causes sparks

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Crews respond to a fire at the Outlets at Castle Rock Saturday night (Photo: Deborah Takahara)

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. — Crews responded to the Outlets at Castle Rock Saturday night after sparks were reported near the mall’s roof.

Firefighters responded to the outlet mall after 9 p.m. when alarms started going off inside several stores.

Authorities confirmed the sparks were due to a short in a neon lighting system on the roof. Firefighters believe lightning is not considered to be a factor in causing the sparks.

The incident was isolated to the roof, and there was no fire in the building, according to officials with Castle Rock Fire.