American Airlines flight to Miami diverted to DIA
9. Denver International Airport
DENVER — An American Airlines flight headed to Miami was diverted to Denver International Airport early Friday morning after the smell of smoke was reported in the cockpit.
The pilot decided to land the Boeing 757 as a precaution. The plane carrying 183 passengers departed Seattle at 11:58 p.m., and landed safely at DIA just before 4 a.m. for a maintenance evaluation.
No smoke was seen, and no injuries were reported.
A spokesperson for American Airlines said passengers were re-boarding the plane to Miami after maintenance crews inspected the plane and found no problems.
- 38 million gallon Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates in reservoir
- WATCH: Michigan judge yells at convicted killer -- 'I hope you die in prison'
- 5 hurt after car slams into back of school bus in Larimer County
- VIRAL VIDEO: Adorable, argumentative baby cannot be reasoned with