Gas line cut, flames from fire visible from I-25 in southeast Denver

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER -- Flames from a gas fire flew into the air after crews accidentally cut a gas line in southeast Denver on Wednesday morning.

According to a Denver Fire spokesperson, the fire began near 4651 South Monaco Street, where there is ongoing construction on an apartment complex, shortly before 8 a.m. Viewers said flames were visible from I-25, which is a little more than 1,000 feet from the scene of the fire.

Emergency crews confirmed the fire started because a gas line had been accidentally cut by construction crews working in the area. All of the construction workers in the area were quickly evacuated shortly after the gas line was ruptured.

Emergency crews were still working to extinguish the flames and repair the leak as of 8:45 a.m. There were no injuries to report at that time.