Police: Naked CU student high on mushrooms restrained, rescued
Taylor Powers (Photo: Facebook)
BOULDER, Colo. — Those in need of rescue rarely fight off emergency responders, but such was the case with a 21-year-old student who had stripped naked after getting high on mushrooms and going into a state of distress in the Boulder Flatirons Sunday night.
It took about 35 personnel from the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office about an hour to successfully restrain Taylor Powers. When they were finally able to do so, she was transported to Boulder Community Hospital, where she was treated an released.
Powers was issued a summons for unlawful consumption of a controlled substance. Her companions, Brian Mulligan, 21, and William Collins, 21, may face charges as well. They were found physically restraining Powers near the 3rd flatiron in Chautauqua Park when rescuers arrived around 5:48 p.m.
According to a press release from the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, a 911 call came in reporting an unruly hiker around a half hour before Powers was discovered. When rescuers arrived on scene, they determined Powers had removed all of her clothing after becoming high on mushrooms. She had to be restrained with handcuffs before being treated.
All three 21-year-olds are students at the University of Colorado-Boulder.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets