Study: Women who wear makeup at the gym burn fewer calories
Wearing make-up at the gym. Photo coutesy: The Daily Mail
More than a quarter of women in a British study wear a full set of makeup when they visit the gym, despite the fact doing so reduces the effectiveness of their workout and makes them burn fewer calories.
The Daily Mail in Britain reports most women cite habit, impressing the opposite sex and having a ‘bad skin day’ as their reasons for wearing makeup while working out at the gym.
While 55 percent of women said they did not bother with it, 26 percent said that they did. One percent said they wore makeup occasionally and eight percent admitted it depended on the situation.
Expert suggest the women who wear makeup at the gym experience less effective workouts because they’re more worried about impressing men than focusing on their fitness.
What’s your opinion about this? Share it on our Facebook page by following this link.
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash
- Man banned from Walmart for price matching
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense