Explore Colorado: Aspen Apres Ski
Jennifer Broome takes us to Aspen to check out the hot spots for après ski.
Aspen is a favorite ski destination for celebrities like Mariah Carey, Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn, and Heidi Klum. Of the four mountains Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass, the number one mountain to find celebrities in the Aspen/Snowmass area is Aspen Mountain. But it is pretty tough to see who’s who with ski clothes, helmets, and goggles. You will stand a better chance of seeing celebrities during Aspen’s tradition of après ski to celebrate a great day on the slopes and to share some tall tales of the feats of the day. It literally means after ski.
Aspen’s après ski scene is one of the hottest, if not the hottest, in the country. The party starts on the mountain with The Oasis mobile champagne bar that literally pops up somewhere on Aspen Mountain. The Oasis tweets out the location on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings. The Limelight, Hotel Jerome, Sky Hotel, and The Little Nell all have great après ski where you will find everything from ski bums to CEOs and cowboys to movie stars. You never know who you might sit next to during après ski in Aspen.
- Mom bites off dog’s ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Assault in Longmont results in SWAT standoff that is called off
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets