Police arrest 5 for weapons found outside Standley Lake H.S.
Standley Lake High School. Westminster, Colorado.
WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Westminster police arrested five juveniles in connection with an incident that put a scare into the people at Standley Lake High School last week.
School security personnel found three hunting rifles and a shotgun near the school’s athletic fields on Feb. 20. The school went on alert until police determined there was no threat.
It turns out there was a burglary at a house in the 9000 block of W. 103rd Ave., right next to the school. Police say the homeowner was able to identify all four weapons and other items taken in the burglary.
Police say five juveniles were involved. Two have been charged with theft by receiving, a misdemeanor.
The remaining three juveniles all face charges of burglary, possession of deadly weapons on school property and interference with staff, faculty or students at a school.
- N.J. Gov. Christie on Colorado legalizing pot: 'Not the quality of life we want'
- Indian doctors strike gold while performing surgery on man
- Model says she plans to have abortion to appear on reality show
- Colorado policymakers fire back at Gov. Christie over pot comments
- Woman says 3 dogs busted into her house, attacked her and 2 pets