Nonprofit donates bikes to kids affected by Waldo Canyon Fire
(Photo courtesy: Kids on Bikes Facebook page)
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – A nonprofit organization based out of Colorado Springs is planning to donate 15 bicycles to children affected by the Waldo Canyon Fire.
The Coloradoan reported that Kids on Bikes will be making the donation Saturday to kids who lost their bikes in the fire living in the Mountain Shadows subdivision.
The Waldo Canyon Fire killed two people and destroyed more than 340 homes last summer.
The Kurt Rogers Memorial Ride organization helped raise money to purchase the bikes. The organization is named after a Colorado Springs native who died while mountain biking in Moab, Utah, according to the paper.
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Deputies: Would-be Good Samaritan hit, killed victim of rollover crash