Fire crews battle 2-alarm fire in Aurora
AURORA, Colo. – Fire crews responded to 2-alarm fire that damaged two units at an apartment complex in Aurora on Saturday.
According to Aurora fire, the fire broke out at the Bahamas Apartments in the 1500 block of Colfax and Nome just after 12:30 p.m.
Black smoke was seen coming from the fourth floor of apartment complex and fire crews were able to put the flames out in 10 to 15 minutes, according to a spokesperson with Aurora fire.
The fire was contained to one apartment; however a second unit had smoke and water damage.
There were no injuries reported.
Two families will be displaced as a result of the fire.
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'