Cook it Tonight: Ultimate Breakfast Food
¾ lbs crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
2 tbsp unsalted butter
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp crème fraiche
1 tsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
12 slices Black Forest ham, no holes
12 each large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 400o F.
2. Heat a large sauté pan with the butter over medium high heat. When the butter foams add the mushrooms and shallots and cook stirring frequently until the mushrooms give off their liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraiche and tarragon.
4. Fit one slice of ham in each of 12 muffin tins, the ends will stick up from the tins.
5. Divide the mushrooms equally among the ham cups. Crack one egg in each cup and place the pan in the center of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the whites are set but the yolks still runny.
6. Season with salt and pepper and then lift out on to plates and serve with toast.