Research shows one-third of men will put off going to the doctor as long as possible. But that could have terrible consequences.
"They'll wait until it gets to the point where they go to the emergency room, and sometimes there's things we can do, but often times there's things we can't do because they've delayed in coming in so long," said Dr Comilla Sasson at University of Colorado Hospital.
"Men just aren't really good at asking for help sometimes," Dr. Sasson said.
Five signs when a man should not wait to see a doctor
1) If he has a gut -- That means he is more likely to have a stroke or heart disease.
2) If he is thirsty all the time -- If he can't quench his thirst and goes to the bathroom a lot that could be a sign of diabetes.
3) If he uses antacids more than twice a week -- That could be just heartburn, or it could be something more.
4) If he snores like a mack truck and occasionally stops breathing at night -- That could be a sign of sleep apnea.
5) If he starts getting headaches -- That could be a sign of high blood pressure.