Guns found on athletic fields outside Standley Lake H.S.
WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Stanley Lake High School was placed on lockout Wednesday afternoon after three guns were found on school grounds.
Westminster police said the guns were believed to have been left at the school after a burglary at a nearby home.
One gun was found along a fence line. Two other hunting rifles were found on school property.
All the guns were recovered before students were released, police said.
The rifles were found between two sheds by the school’s athletic fields.
Officers and K-9 units searched inside and outside of the school as a precautionary measure, police said.
Standley Lake continued with normal classes and after-school activities are still scheduled to continue — barring any cancelation because of weather.
Police said no threats were ever made against the school, students or staff.
- Denver Police: At least 3 stabbed at Mile High after Broncos game
- Man tricked into thinking he had been in 10-year coma
- Thornton High School threat not legitimate, investigators say
- Teen kills 4 in DUI wreck, gets probation using 'rich kid' defense
- Sandy Hook victim’s mother shares emotional message: 'Evil did not win'